When the temps begin to drop and the leaves begin to change, this Paleo Pumpkin Bread with Chocolate Chips is the reply to your mid-afternoon snack cravings. Made with almond and coconut flours and studded with pecans and darkish chocolate chips, this gluten-free pumpkin bread is scrumptious with a cup of espresso or tea, is freezer-friendly, and makes a fantastic present for a buddy or neighbor.
The unique recipe titled Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread was revealed on October 4th, 2018. Photographs and weblog content material up to date on September ninth, 2020. No modifications have been made to the recipe itself.
‘Tis the Season for Wholesome Pumpkin Bread
With the official begin of fall simply across the nook, it’s time to start out eager about all issues pumpkin. Whereas healthier versions of pumpkin coffee drinks are good, and a giant bowl of Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chili at all times hits the spot, nothing beats a giant slice of perfectly-spiced, pecan, and chocolate chip-studded gluten-free pumpkin bread once you desire a candy mid-day deal with or an indulgent breakfast bread.
We promise that you just’re going to like this Paleo Pumpkin Bread with Chocolate Chips and gained’t miss the sugary pre-made slices from the nook espresso store.
This submit incorporates affiliate hyperlinks that gained’t change your worth however will share some fee.
What Makes This Pumpkin Bread Recipe Particular?
The web is FULL of pumpkin bread recipes. Nevertheless, that is the recipe we hold coming again to repeatedly, for just a few causes!
- Naturally (and calmly) sweetened. Whereas conventional pumpkin bread recipes can comprise loads of sugar, there’s solely ¼ cup of pure maple syrup on this total loaf. You can even modify the quantity of chocolate chips within the recipe to regulate the sugar content material to your liking. We’re additionally utilizing scrumptious fall flavors, like vanilla and heat pumpkin pie spices to naturally sweeten the loaf with out including tons of sugar. This can be a wholesome pumpkin bread recipe, but it surely’s undoubtedly not bland!
- Gluten-Free and Paleo. As a substitute of all-purpose flour or white entire wheat flour, this recipe combines almond flour and coconut flour to get the right crumb texture. This mixture additionally helps hold the loaf moist for days after baking and makes the loaf pleasant for anybody following a paleo or gluten-free food regimen.
- One-Bowl Recipe. As a result of doing dishes is the worst a part of any recipe! Merely mix all of the substances in a single bowl, pour right into a loaf pan and also you’re good to go.
- Customizable. That is famous beneath as effectively, however you’ll be able to combine and match the wholesome pumpkin bread add-ins to match your loved ones’s preferences! We love the pecan and chocolate chip mixture, however dried cranberries or pumpkin seeds can be scrumptious as effectively!
- Meal-prep pleasant. This recipe freezes extraordinarily effectively, which suggests you’ll be able to double batch the recipe, take pleasure in a loaf now, and freeze one for later (or present it to a buddy!). Yow will discover extra directions on the right way to freeze this pumpkin chocolate chip bread beneath.
What you’ll have to make Paleo Pumpkin Bread with Chocolate Chips
- Pumpkin – Canned pumpkin puree is essentially the most handy choice, however well-drained home made pumpkin puree or pureed butternut squash will even work. If utilizing the canned model, be sure you seize the can that claims ‘pumpkin’ or ‘pumpkin puree’ on the label and never ‘pumpkin pie filling’.
- Maple syrup – You’ll want to use pure maple syrup and never maple-flavored pancake syrup, they’re not the identical factor!
- Coconut oil – A neutral-tasting oil reminiscent of avocado oil or sunflower oil can be used or you’ll be able to exchange the coconut oil with room temperature butter for those who don’t want the recipe to be dairy-free
- Almond flour – Use finely-ground almond flour for the perfect outcomes
- Coconut flour – Resulting from coconut flour’s very distinctive properties as a binder in grain-free baked items, we don’t advocate omitting it or changing it with one other sort of flour
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Floor cinnamon
- Chocolate chips – Mini chocolate chips distribute within the batter extra evenly and gained’t sink to the underside of the loaf pan, however be happy to make use of your favourite chocolate chips. You can even substitute dried cranberries or raisins for the chocolate for those who’d like.
- Pecans – Uncooked or toasted pecans work equally effectively. Chopped walnuts or pumpkin seeds are additionally a fantastic choice!
Shop Thrive Market to get the perfect costs on pure, natural, and specialty meals. PLUS get a free present once you sign-up!
Methods to make Paleo Pumpkin Bread
- Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350ºF and put together the loaf pan by both greasing it with coconut oil or lining it with parchment paper for straightforward elimination.
- Step 2: In a big bowl, mix the entire substances mixing them till simply mixed. I like to combine collectively my moist substances first after which add the dry substances to the identical bowl.
- Step 3: Switch the dough to the ready pan. Sprinkle the highest of the batter with extra pumpkin spice, just a few chopped nuts, and chocolate chips, if desired.
- Step 4: Bake for 50-65 minutes or till the middle is agency. Test the bread midway by the baking time, if the highest begins to get too darkish, lay a chunk of foil excessive
- Step 5: Take away the bread from the oven and permit it to chill for 15-20 minutes within the pan. Then switch it to a wire rack to chill fully earlier than slicing.
Are pumpkin pie filling and pumpkin puree the identical factor?
No, they aren’t the identical factor. Pumpkin puree, whereas labeled ‘pumpkin’ is definitely a mix of cooked, mashed, and strained squashes (sure, squash – as in butternut, acorn, pumpkin, and so forth.) Its consistency is thicker than home-prepared mashed pumpkin or squash so if you wish to make your individual pumpkin puree, be sure you place it in a fine-mesh colander to permit among the liquid to empty off till it’s the consistency of canned pumpkin puree.
Pumpkin pie filling, however, can also be a mix of pureed squashes that’s pre-sweetened and blended with cinnamon, cloves, allspice, and ginger. We favor to make use of pumpkin puree over pumpkin pie filling as a result of it permits for extra management over the sweetness of the recipe!
Can I make this wholesome pumpkin bread in a muffin pan?
Sure! This wholesome gluten-free pumpkin bread might be made into 12 muffins as a substitute of a loaf. The oven temperature will keep the identical, however the baking time will probably be roughly half that of a loaf (20-25 minutes).
Methods to Serve this Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread
This loaf is tender and moist sufficient to eat by itself, plain and easy! You can even toast slices, and unfold with butter or nut butter for a heat and scrumptious variation.
How Ought to I Retailer this Wholesome Pumpkin Bread?
We advocate storing in an hermetic container within the fridge to maintain the bread moist. This bread will final within the fridge 4-5 days (though we’d be shocked if it didn’t get eaten up earlier than then!).
Can I Freeze This Paleo Pumpkin Bread?
Sure! You may both freeze the loaf entire or freeze slices (or muffins individually) by wrapping them tightly in plastic wrap or foil and storing them in a sealed container or zip-top bag for as much as one month. To thaw, merely take away the specified portion from the freezer and permit it to thaw on the counter or within the fridge till prepared to make use of. For sooner thawing, use a microwave or toaster oven.
Different Pumpkin Recipes to Strive:
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a medium bowl, mix the entire substances. Combine till simply mixed.
- Switch the dough to a greased 8 x 4-inch loaf pan* (or lined with parchment paper for straightforward elimination). Sprinkle with extra pumpkin spice, few chopped nuts, and chocolate chips.
- Bake within the oven for 50-65 minutes (or 40-55 minutes for 9 x 5 pan) or till the middle is agency. Test bread midway by the baking time, if the highest begins to get too darkish, lay a chunk of foil excessive.
- Take away the bread from the oven and permit it to chill for 15-20 minutes within the pan. Utilizing a scorching pad or oven mitt, maintain the loaf pan in a single hand and use one other to put a wire cooling rack on high of the pan. Then rigorously flip the pan and rack over to switch the bread to the wire rack to chill fully earlier than slicing it.
*A 9×5-inch loaf pan will even work however the loaf will probably be flatter and you have to to scale back the baking time by 5-10 minutes.
- Serving Measurement: 1 slice
- Energy: 187
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 225 mg
- Fats: 13 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 5 g
Pin it now, Make it later!
Photograph Credit score: The photographs on this weblog submit have been taken by Jess of Plays Well with Butter.
All photographs and content material are copyright protected. Please don’t use our photographs with out prior written permission. When you want to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your individual distinctive phrases and hyperlink again to the supply recipe right here on The Actual Meals Dietitians.