Each wash day, I really like the sensation of water flowing by way of my hair and the way my scalp goes from being clogged with build-up to feeling model new. My hair goes from being a greasy mess to gentle and fluffy. I really like the end result of wash days and water has an enormous half to play in it.
I usually have flashbacks although, to these days when most wash days went incorrect as soon as I poured water on my hair. And I’m positive most of us grew up listening to tales of how water is dangerous for our hair and we wanted to steer clear of it, frankly it appears true as a result of usually in these day my hair getting drenched with water would lead to it wanting frizzy and feeling brittle. So………on this hair care life we’ve chosen is water our good friend or a foe.
Quick reply, It’s a little bit of each. However please learn the lengthy reply beneath.
Water As A Buddy
- As I discussed above, water is likely one of the key components of wash day. You possibly can’t wash your hair totally or take away deep conditioner with out it. No water no clear and conditioned hair.
- Water is a vital ingredient in any deep conditioning or depart in conditioning product. Water is required to moisturise hair and merchandise that don’t include water frankly won’t be able to infuse moisture into our hair strands.
- The continued battle many people battle with dryness and breakage can’t be defeated with out the repeated use of water wealthy merchandise in between wash days. So water needs to be launched into our hair frequently for wholesome (nicely preserved) hair and for size retention (longer hair).
Water As A Foe
- Water is usually a locking agent.
Water can tighten knots and tangles in our hair so severely that slicing out the knots and tangles is the most suitable choice. Even when extreme knotting could be untangled, a number of breakage and harm to the hair fibre will probably be sustained within the course of. This tightening of knots and tangles tends to occur throughout the washing and rinsing steps on wash days. The strain of the water flowing by way of hair will tighten the knots or matted hair. It should additionally encourage shed hairs not eliminated earlier than washing to wrap across the non-shed hair creating new tangles. For this reason so many of us have stepped out of the bathe with locs we didn’t plan on creating.
This can be a key motive why hair ought to be nicely detangled and shed hair eliminated earlier than washing. I suppose a second tip is to ease up on the water strain. Previous to my hair journey I by no means detangled earlier than washing and it at all times resulted in excessive ranges of breakage. For some motive I believed water strain would someway detangle my hair and that any shed hair would simply glide out. Don’t be me.
- Now this one is a favorite of so many girls. We hear all day each day that water is essential for wholesome hair, that water is the very best moisturiser, that water is the be all and finish all of what our hair wants (okay I ‘am exaggerating a lil)……so I perceive why many girls merely use water alone as a moisturiser.
In as a lot as water is a key facet of moisturising our hair, water alone just isn’t on the proper the PH stage for use as a leave-in moisturising product. Utilizing water alone will lead to puffy, frizzy and fewer manageable hair. It should additionally improve the danger of tangling. Good high quality moisturising merchandise will certainly have water as the principle components however will include different components and be formulated in order that its PH is on the excellent stage that may depart the outer layer of hair extra compacted than what water alone would. This can lead to smoother, higher moisturised and more healthy wanting hair which is less complicated to handle.
On this case, it’s the incorrect use of water that’s the drawback.
- Publicity to the incorrect form of water will result in environmental harm (except right steps are taken to forestall harm). Arduous water, chlorinated water and mineral wealthy water may cause a number of harm. I’ve written posts about this which you’ll learn by clicking here.
I hope this submit has been helpful. In abstract water is usually a good friend or foe however which it will likely be is as much as you.
** Picture from Pintrest