Not within the festive spirit but? Bake a batch of those Hemsley spiced biscuits and fill your kitchen with the scent of Christmas.
These festive biscuits are almond-based, so naturally gluten and grain-free and sweetened with a contact of wealthy maple or date syrup.
Bursting with dried cranberries and pecans for the right steadiness of crunchy and chewy, these wholesome treats will fill your private home with the comforting aroma of winter spices ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg.
We’ve began serving them at our Hemsley Cafe in Selfridges for Christmas and so they’ve proved an actual hit, so in the event you fancy a break day from cooking pop in and see us in The Physique Studio on degree 3 and revel in them with a mug of Mexican Sizzling Chocolate. Yum!
Makes 10-12 biscuits
220g ground almonds
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp allspice
¾ tsp ground ginger
½ tsp nutmeg
⅛ tsp or a pinch of sea salt
1 tsp baking soda
40g dried cranberries (search for the sugar-free, apple-sweetened selection)
40g entire pecans, every chopped into 4 items
- Preheat oven to 175°C / 350ºF.
- Combine floor almonds, spices, sea salt and baking soda in a bowl.
- Stir by way of the cranberries and chopped pecans.
- Stir in maple syrup till nicely mixed. Dough might be crumbly.
- Take approx. 1½ tablespoon of the combination and form right into a tough cookie along with your palms.
- Place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, urgent every biscuit evenly with the flat of your hand to approx. ½ cm (⅕ inch) thick.
- Repeat with the remainder of the combination, leaving loads of area between biscuits.
- Bake for approx. 12 minutes, till browned on the edges however nonetheless gentle within the center. Oven temperatures range, so control the biscuits after 10 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes to crisp up earlier than serving.
- Retailer within the fridge in an hermetic glass container. You may as well freeze after baking and defrost at room temperature as desired.